The Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival is back in 2021!
We know you are missing taking part in our events as much as we are missing delivering them. We also know how hard you have all be training in preparation for the 2021 Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, and we want to ensure this training does not go to waste.
Sign up now to take part in the 2021 Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival. We want it to be fun, we want it to have meaning and we want it to reflect all the great things you love about the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, in your own neighbourhood. We would love you to join us, with the same spirit and sense of community to take on the distance/s of your choice.
How do I take part?
Taking part in the 2021 Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival is easy!
- Whether you’re up for a long distance goal or a shorter run for fun, just sign up for your favorite event below. The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is STILL the run that’s fun for everyone so there’s an event for all abilities and energy levels.
- To take part, simply choose any day you like to run between Sunday 19 September and Sunday 17 October 2021. Run your chosen distance, and record your run on your preferred device and/or platform. We suggest downloading the ASICS Runkeeper™. More information can be found later in our section on how do I record my run?
- Congratulations! Now it’s time to share your result with our community. Upload your result to be added to our official Blackmores Sydney Running Festival Virtual Run results hub and leaders boards. No matter how fast or slow be sure to upload your result to be in the running to win some great prizes from our partners.
For more information on how to prepare for your virtual run, and tips on how to stay COVID-safe, click here.Register Now
The Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival is FREE to enter, but there is a premium option available that will unlock loads of goodies including an official race medal!! Premium virtual event costs are below
10km Bridge Run
3.5km Family Fun Run
Everything you need to know
What’s Included with my entry?
- Access to our Blackmores online community to stay connected and supported
- A personalised Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival Virtual bib to wear on your run.
- Live leader boards to see how you fare against the rest of the BSRF community.
- No matter how fast or slow, you can still be in the running to win fantastic sponsor Health & Wellbeing prizes.
- A shiny shareable ‘digital’ Blackmores Virtual Sydney Running Festival medal – be sure to tag us @OfficialBSRF
- Personalised downloadable finisher certificate
Premium Option additions
- An official finishers medal for your chosen event (plus shipping to your home after the event)
Make your run count
Run with heart and make your run count by raising money for one of our charities including Beyond Blue, Leukemia Foundation, and Children’s Cancer institute. Fundraise to help those that need it most by clicking here.
Get the team together
Need some extra motivation? Invite your friends, family, work colleagues or gym buddies and sign up as a team! Although you may not be able to run together during these difficult times signing up as a team is a great way to challenge yourself and keep yourself motivated. Although you may not be able to run together, taking part Keeping team spirit alive can still be achieved by completing your virtual run on the same day or dressing up in your team colours.
Download your personalised bib
Participants will receive a downloadable bib featuring the name entered during the sign up process. The bib will be sent to you via email in September. This can be printed off and worn when completing your run. It is not compulsory to wear your bib , but we encourage running wearing with it to feel part of the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival community. Plus, it’s a great way to show your participation and identify other participants in your neighbourhood also taking part! Be sure to give them a wave! And a race bib is also important for those important selfies pre-and post-race!
How do I record my run?
We’ve partnered with Race Roster and the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to upload your race!
Please note: participants will not be able to submit their result until 9:00am Sunday 19 September 2021.
Below you’ll find detailed instructions and FAQs on how to track your participation using one of the following two ways with Option 1) ASICS Runkeeper™ app Option 2) Other software or tracking devices
OPTION 1: TRACK WITH THE RUNKEEPER APP
Step 1: Connect your registration
Once registered you will have received an email with a unique link to connect your registration to your app. We encourage you to download the app before race day so you can run/walk to test it out! Watch your email for your unique link.
Step 2: A) RECORD YOUR PARTICIPATION
When you’re ready to participate:
- Open the Runkeeper app on a mobile device
Visit the “start” tab
Tap the in-app checkered flag and select your event
Follow the prompts to record your participation
OPTION 2: MANUALLY POST RESULTS
If you plan to record using another software or tracking device and need to post manually, simply head to the results page and select “Submit Virtual Result”. Enter your race roster confirmation number & last name and follow the prompts to upload your results. Your confirmation number can be found with your email received when you registered. Please check your promotional/ junk email. If you are still having trouble please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to attach a photo or screenshot of your time. Photo verification is optional and not compulsory.