To minimise the use of the baggage service we encourage all participants to wear old clothes (not garbage bags - which are a trip hazard) and discard them at the start. All discarded clothing will be donated to charity.
|ASICS Event Expo - 17-19 September||Immediately after the conclusion of your race|
|Start line - Event Morning||12pm onwards|
We would recommend the following;
- A change of clothes
- A light weight jacket
- Any snacks to refuel post-race (no fresh food please)
Please do not place valuables such as wallets, keys, phones etc. into your bag. Belongings must be collected before 2:30 pm on Sunday race day or they will be treated as lost property. The organisers take no responsibility for the contents of any bag, for theft or loss of property.
Expo Baggage Drop Off Procedure
1. Collect your race bib at ASICS Event Expo, Town Hall
2. Place Baggage Sticker (provided by volunteers at the baggage desk) onto the plastic bag provided at the Baggage Collection marquee outside of the ASICS Event Expo.
3. Insert any post race items you want into the plastic bag (we are unable to take any personal bags (handbags, luggage, backpacks etc)
4. Drop at the Baggage Collection marquee situated outside of the ASICS Event Expo. Baggage Drop Off will be open during Expo Trading hours.
Event Day Arrangements
There will be a baggage truck at the event start for the Marathon, Half Marathon (closing 25min before race start time), Bridge Run and Family Fun Run. However, we would encourage participants in these events to make use of the ASICS Event Expo Baggage Drop, if at all possible.
If you chose to drop your bag on race day morning, you will be unable to collect your bag till after 12pm (Blackmores Marathon participants will be the only exception to this rule and will be able to retrieve bags earlier), so be sure to drop your bag in advance Thursday-Saturday at the ASICS Event Expo to allow for prompt collection.
Collecting your bag on Event Day
Blackmores Marathon Participant baggage collection point
Please note that all Blackmores Marathon entrants will have their baggage available for collection from the Blackmores Marathon Recovery Zone next to the Opera House finish line for ease of collection.
Blackmores Half Marathon, Blackmores Bridge Run and Blackmores Family Fun Run baggage collection point
Please note your baggage will be available for collection at the baggage collection point located in the Parade Ground, Royal Botanic Gardens.