You are here Home › How to use the text editor
How to use the text editor
The Text Editor is used to add text, images, hyperlinks, media and more to your website.
- Bold icon: Click to bold selected text. If text is not selected, when you begin typing the text will become bold. Each consecutive click will toggle this function on and off.
- Italic Icon: Click to italicise selected text. If text is not selected, when you begin typing the text will become italicised. Each consecutive click will toggle this function on and off.
- Underline Icon: Click to underline selected text. If text is not selected, when you begin typing the text will become underlined. Each consecutive click will toggle this function on and off.
- Unordered List: Add a bullet style to your list.
- Ordered List: Add a numbered style to your list.
- Indent: Click to increase the left paragraph indent. Each consecutive click will move text further to the right. If text is not selected, the cursor will indent.
- Outdent: Click to decrease the left paragraph indent. Each consecutive click will move text further to the left. If text is not selected, the cursor will indent.
- Undo: This will undo your previous action.
- Redo: This will undo your previous action.
- Insert/Edit Link Icon: Select the text or image that you would like to make into a hyperlink, and click this icon. A pop-up window will appear. Type in the full URL of the link or the email address. You may browse for a file you wish to link your text/image to. If the text or image has an existing link it will show up here - just type over the top to modify it, or remove it to delete the link. Click 'Insert' to save changes. Unlink Icon: Breaks the link you wish to unlink.
- Insert/Edit Anchor: Anchors are links you wish to link to on the same page. You should put anchors where you want to link to.
- Place the cursor where you would like to insert an anchor.
- Click on the anchor link.
- Name the anchor (preferably with no spaces) and click 'insert'.
- Highlight the copy you would like to link to the anchor (= the ship).
- Click the link icon in the popup, choose the newly created anchor from the anchor drop-down.
- Click “insert”.
- HTML: Allows you to edit the HTML source code.
- Insert Horizontal Ruler: Adds a line between content.
- Toggle guidelines/invisible elements: This is mainly used for tables.
- Format: Select predefined formats for Paragraph, Address, Heading1, etc...
- Paste from word: Paste content in from Word (We recommend pasting in from another 'plain text' source, ie: notepad, where all styling has been removed.).
- Inserts a new table: Opens a popup to create a new table.
- Table rows - Merge table cells: These are all relate to table editing.
- Insert/edit embedded media: To insert embedded media (such as Flash), place the cursor at the desired location and click this icon. A pop-up dialog will display that allows you to enter the Type, File or URL, and other information about the media.
- WYSIWYG Image/Field: Please refer to, Manage site > Help > Add images to Text Editor.